Big-box retailers are promising huge door-buster deals on big-screen TVs this holiday weekend. And, sure enough, the Black Friday TV bargains are out there.
But if you want a good deal on a big-brand television set, you may be better off waiting a month.
"The week before the Super Bowl is a great time for TV shopping," advised The ConsumerMan Herb Weisbaum.
Weisbaum joined hundreds of anxious shoppers on our TODAY Live Chat on Wednesday to talk about Black Friday.
A few other ConsumerMan tips included in the chat:
- You can avoid the crowds by shopping online. More and more retailers are offering their door-buster deals to on the Internet.
- Store credit cards are usually not a good deal. Just say no to the sales pitch.
- Gift cards make a decent gift. Cash is better.
- Extended warranties are usually a waste of money
- Debit card vs. credit card? Don't use the debit card.
- Most of all, don't get caught up in the frenzy. It truly is the thought that counts!